Do you ever fall into the trap of trying to keep everybody happy? I used to be quite the “people pleaser” and it only contributed to my anxiety. In today’s episode, David Hoffmeister is going to give you a totally new perspective on people pleasing and we will also dive into the teaching from A Course in Miracles on “no private thoughts.” David’s examples and teachings are sooo helpful!
In honor of David’s book launch, we did a video interview! Listen to the audio above or watch the video below:
David’s book, This Moment is Your Miracle, is hot off the presses! My endorsement from the inside cover says, “Although the process of transcending fear is not always easy, it is simple, and David’s explanations and exercises guide you to claim the happiness that is your birthright.” You will love this book! Order your copy today.
About David Hoffmeister:
Mystic David Hoffmeister is a living demonstration that peace is possible. His gentle demeanor and articulate, non-compromising expression are a gift to all. He is known for his practical application of the non-dual teachings necessary to experience the Unified Mind. His clarity about the function of forgiveness in spiritual awakening and his radical use of mindful movie-watching in the release of judgment is unsurpassed. The purity of the message he shares points directly to the Source. Over the past 33 years, David has traveled to 44 countries across 6 continents to extend the message that Truth is available for everyone, now.
I tried to keep this to three takeaways, but couldn’t help myself! Here are five gold nuggets from this episode with David:
- “Let your yea be yea and your nay be nay.” Get clear with Spirit on whether your answer needs to be “yes” or “no.” As David says, you can ask Spirit for help in being true to your “yes’s” or “no’s.” Staying aligned with your guidance helps keep us free of anxiety.
- “Radiate that Divine happiness from the core of our being, don’t try to personally go around and make every person happy.” I LOVE how David said this! What a beautiful reframe of people pleasing. Our job as miracle workers is to see with Spirit’s vision and spread love, it’s NOT about making the level of form “happy” for others.
- David shared this quote from A Course in Miracles: “Truth is restored to you through your desire, as it was lost to you through your desire for something else” (FIP T-20.VIII.I). We have to WANT the Truth. We have to WANT healing. We have to WANT to undo the ego! Ask yourself with radical honestly if you want these things. Whatever your answer is be willing to look at it with Spirit.
- Don’t hide your thoughts from Spirit. Bring everything to Spirit. Whether you begin by journaling, speaking to another person you trust, get those hidden and repressed ego thoughts out of your holy mind so you can bring them to Spirit.
- Go back to the “Rules for Decision” section in A Course in Miracles If you get stuck. For instance, let’s say you’re angry and you intellectually know that your anger isn’t justified but you’re still stuck in anger (e.g. you’d rather be “right” than “happy”). Experiment with the question, “At least I can decide I do not like what I feel now” and take your willingness to feel and see something differently to Spirit. You can read the full “Rules for Decision” in Chapter 30 part I in both the FIP and CE editions.
- Levels of Mind (David’s diagram of the mind)
- This Moment is Your Miracle (David’s new book)
- This Moment is Your Miracle Book Bonuses
- Living Miracles Center
- Movie Watcher’s Guide to Enlightenment
Let’s keep the conversation going in our Facebook group!