Does the thought of death ever freak you out? It used to terrify me! Fears of death were an undercurrent to my anxiety issues in the past. But learning about near death experiences (NDE’s) turned that around. In this episode, I interview Robert Perry, founder of the Circle of Atonement, who is just as obsessed with NDE’s as I am. You’ll learn some incredible stories that cannot be explained by science, and we’ll dive into the parallels between and A Course in Miracles and NDE’s.
Tune in here:
ABOUT ROBERT PERRY:
Robert Perry is the lead editor of the new Complete and Annotated Edition of A Course in Miracles (which is based on the original handwritten notes of Helen Schucman). Robert is one of the Course’s most respected teachers. He is the founder of the Circle of Atonement, has authored or co-authored over 20 books and booklets on the Course, as well as hundreds of articles, and has lectured throughout the U.S. and internationally.
- People all over the world, from different cultures, and different countries, report similar features in NDE’s that science cannot explain. For instance, some people learn information that they shouldn’t know when they are out of there bodies (like the serial number and license plate number examples we spoke about).
- Reality is NOT BORING!! A consistent theme in NDE’s is LOVE and intense love that is greater than any love we know here in the world of form. There’s no “cosmic oatmeal, that is bland and boring” out there.
- There are SO many parallels between NDE’s and ACIM! God is a personal God and LOVES YOU DEEPLY. This world is not our home (NDErs consistently don’t want to come back to this world!). This world is, to borrow Roger Ebert’s words, “an “elaborate hoax.” We are here to learn and to love. Check out Robert’s article for more parallels.
- This is a big one: You do not lose your sense of being. I know that many of us who have struggled with anxiety might fear being swept away into an ocean of oneness. Not so! And we only experience what we are ready for. At the highest level, we are both ONE and many, something we simply cannot wrap our heads around with our limited perception.
- Circle of Atonement Website.
- The NDE of the woman who almost drowned.
- Robert’s 30-page article on Near Death Experiences and A Course in Miracles.
- Near Death Experience Research Foundation.
- Beverly Brodsky’s near death experience.
- Video accounts of NDE’s.
- The Presenter Series (the program Robert and I are both teaching in)
Let us know your takeaways from this episode! Please leave your comment below or in our Facebook Group.